Type In the Box

Sunday, June 19, 2011

Dark Heart Designs Revisited!

Dark Heart Designs has been one of my favorite companies since I started using Mineral Makeup and when I heard she was revamping her line, I was extremely excited. She told me she was trying to make her e/s more dynamic and she redid all of her colors and added a new base to them. So, I thought I would revisit DHD and compare her old shadows and her new shadows. Unfortunately, I ran out of my favorite color, Moonchild, in the old style so I can't compare that one, but I swatched the new one to show you.

Heres the comparison.
*no primer*

The New one has some sparklies in it that the Old one doesn't. The New one is also slightly darker than the Old one. I love them both equally =].


The New one has more purple undertones to it which will actually bring out anyone with brown eyes. The New one seems more matte than the Old one. I definitely like the New one better. 



The New one is definitely darker than the old one. The New one has a lot more pigmentation and a little bit of gold on it. The Old one seems very flat compared to the New one. The New one wins for me. 



The New Absinthe is very similar to the old one. The base makes it stay on the hand a little better but color wise, I didn't see too much of a difference. But i loved Absinthe to begin with. So I'm happy =]. 


Now, I know I don't have the Old one to compare it to, but the New one has gold sparklies in it which definitely adds some dynamics to it. I love the Old and the New Moonchild, but I ran out of the Old one. 


As you can obviously see, the New one is way more pigmented than the Old one. The New one also has some gorgeous sparklies in it which the Old one lacks. Now, this color is my favorite blue with my very brown eyes. I haven't tried the New one yet. But i can't wait. 




Now this one is the biggest difference with what I've seen. The New one is waaayyy more white/silver than the Old one was. The Old one was a blue silver which I adored to death. But the New one is more a silver. You can really see the color difference in the pictures below. I personally miss the blue from the Old one. So Old wins this color. 




Now that you've seen her new colors. I am loving most of the new ones! She also has new Lip Slicks coming out (these things are my favorite things on the planet)! Also, I heard she is branching into gel eyeliner, nail polish, and lip sticks. =] What a woman! 

Love, 
T

P.S.
UPCOMING!

High Voltage

Life Post

2 comments:

  1. Thanks Taryn! I'm glad you like the new versions. I noticed starstruck was a little light for some reason too. I'm going to work on that, because it's supposed to be a light, icy blue. Think I've got a good idea to fix it. The new base changed the brightness/pigmentation of colors, so I had to adjust a few of them a little. Just gotta get it all tweaked right.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay! Cuz I know you wanted to get the reformulations as similar to the old ones as you can but making them more dynamic, which you definitely did. =]

    ReplyDelete