Type In the Box

Sunday, January 22, 2012

Battle of the Primers/Bases Episode 1: No Primer!

Hello everyone and welcome to the Battle of the Primers/Bases! I decided that this week's battle will be no primer! None at all. The shadow I chose for these battles is Geek Chic Cosmetics Drood. It is a bright creamy orange with gold sparkles. This shadow is perfect for these battles because it is bright and has glitter so you can see how the primers/bases can hold color and glitter as the day goes on.

The Battle of the Primers/Bases are weekly battles where I will show you the wear and tear of a primer/base. Primers that are labeled primers will be left to themselves while bases will have one eye with the base alone and the other with TFSI under the base. I will be taking pictures every 2 hours until the shadow creases to an unwearable state. I will also be sitting in a room where the temperature is approx 65 degrees F.

My eyes are on the slightly oily side, so if a primer/base doesn't work on me, it might work on you. So please do not get discouraged if I use a primer/base that you have been dying to buy and you see that it doesn't work on me. Please?

Ok! Onto the battle!

For about 4 hours, I tested my lids with just shadow and no primer.

This is right after I applied the shadow. 

This is 2 hours later. As you can see, there is a noticeable creasing already.

4 hours after the initial application, there is very noticeable creasing and now to me, this look is unwearable. 

So, there you have it folks! The first Battle of the Primers/Bases! Make sure you tune in next Sunday for the second episode of Battle of the Primer/Bases!

Love, 
T

4 comments:

  1. Interesting! Will follow the battle for sure :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm interested in how this all turns out! Looking forward to more episodes :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's about the same for me, so I'm interested in how this goes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i have oily lids and that's pretty much happens to me too. looking forward to the next battle post.

    ReplyDelete